CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 27, 2008

Phil is 50!

Hard to believe but my sweetheart is 50 years old. It took a lot of hard work but we managed to surprise him with a party at home; with a lot of help from Jenn and Daniel.

I had Phil to myself all afternoon for lunch, some shoe shopping and a movie (it wasnt very good-the movie I mean). Then I told him we were going back to the house so we could change clothes into something nicer for dinner and that we would have dessert with the kids later. Shane called from New York to deliver his birthday greetings and to tell us how the band trip was going - it sounded great. Meanwhile, back at the house, Jenn and Daniel were working hard on the list of tasks to complete before the guests arrived. They did an excellent job - Thanks kids.

What good is a party without friends? We had the Sandford's, Taggart's, Crum's, Rich's, Powell's with special guest Dylan, Cheryl Woodring and her nephew Dustin. What a blessing it was to spend the evening honoring Phil with close friends.







Happy Birthday Babe. I have been with you for almost have of those 50 years (22 1/2 to be exact) and we are so blessed to have you. Husband, Father, Son and Friend, you are an amazing man of integrity and your rich relationship with our Heavenly Father blesses us all.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So sorry I missed the Big 5-0, Phil! I wasn't feeling well all weekend and missed Monday at work not feeling well. You were in my thoughts, and I wish you a very Happy Belated Birthday. Love you! Joyde

Jenn said...

Love you Dad!! Had a great time at the party.

Jenn